Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: [Multi] No Man's Sky

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BFR_NL
    De volgende grote gratis update No Man's Sky Beyond krijgt 3 grote nieuwe stappen waaronder MP en VR.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ik mis toch nog een core gameplay element dat de game aantrekkelijk zou moeten maken. Of iets dat echt aantrekt om te exploren. En dan niet regenbogen

Mentioned
    1121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: LiquidT
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Ik mis toch nog een core gameplay element dat de game aantrekkelijk zou moeten maken. Of iets dat echt aantrekt om te exploren. En dan niet regenbogen
    Dat is ook mijn grootste issue. Gelukkig geeft VR wat wow-factor
    Vragen? Stuur een mailtje naar info@liquidbunny.nl of spreek me aan op Steam.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: macc-murphy Steam ID: macc
    Nu in de aanbieding op Steam. Maar gehaald voor de grote Beyond / VR update.

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staat MP voor multiplayer? Ik dacht dat dit er al lang in zat verwerkt?
    This post is subjective but tries to take the multicultural global society of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities into consideration.

Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SeabassNL Steam ID: sebasmeer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    Staat MP voor multiplayer? Ik dacht dat dit er al lang in zat verwerkt?
    Zit er al een tijd in ja.
    Maar nu is het "makkeljiker" gemaakt om elkaar te vinden ofzo?

Geen idee. Op de PS4 kon het al sinds die andere grote update afgelopen jaar.
    Last edited by Seabass; 23rd May 2019 at 12:49.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: macc-murphy Steam ID: macc
    No Man's Sky: Beyond met onlinemodus en vr-ondersteuning komt 14 augustus uit

Ben benieuwd. Heb hem puur gehaald voor de VR update.

Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LaB NL PSN ID: LaB_NL Steam ID: LikeaBunny
    Wel echt een ideale game voor VR. Ik ben benieuwd.

Jammer alleen dat de hele verzamel- en verkasmechanic me totaal niet ligt.

Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rappa1985 PSN ID: Rappa1985 Steam ID: Rappa1985
    No Man's Sky: Beyond's 'third pillar' makes it the perfect point to jump in

It's incredible to chart how far Hello Games has come in just over a decade - even if, geographically speaking, it's really not so far at all. From one corner of Guildford to another, with sprouts from EA's now partly abandoned offices where Sean Murray first began tinkering with what was then known as Skyscraper, via the ramshackle building they shared with a taxi rank down by the banks of the Wey which tragically burst just as No Man's Sky was in the depths of development to the new space the team finds itself now.

It's even more incredible to chart just how far No Man's Sky has come in just over three years. The latest trailer for next week's Beyond update, cut neatly to 65daysofstatic's driving soundtrack, invites comparisons to our very first glimpses of No Man's Sky - boldy so, you might say, after some of the controversies around the launch as expectation and reality didn't quite match up for some. But it goes to illustrate how No Man's Sky has evolved, surely surpassing anyone's expectations of what it would be.

The Beyond update pushes No Man's Sky further still, introducing features and improvements that might come as a surprise even to those who've been following its progress since Hello Games announced it earlier this year.

There are mounts - rideable aliens! - denser and more varied biomes, new construction and crafting, tameable creatures, milkable creatures, cooking and recipes, a new galactic map, a new discovery menu, a new word-learning system, all-new NPC races, NPC encounters on planet surfaces, improved base building that introduces logic and electricity systems and can allow for bigger bases. It can even allow, as Hello Games' founder Grant Duncan mocked up before our visit to the studio, for a fully functioning game of Rocket League to be played out within No Man's Sky, complete with a working scoring system.

It's truly dizzying stuff, so no wonder that Hello Games has simplified the messaging around it to three core pillars. You know VR as one of them - and it's the one that's been most explicitly detailed, thanks to previews that took place at GDC earlier this year. Going back to No Man's Sky in VR, this time on a fully kitted out Valve Index, is just as staggering as before, and it's tempting to say that in this deep, rich space sim the medium just might have found its killer app. It's the ultimate way to play No Man's Sky, and could be one of the ultimate experiences on VR - though of course, that experience is there for just a fraction of No Man's Sky players, even if some of the numbers Murray alludes to are pleasantly surprising.

"There are some weird stats on that," he says. "We don't talk about numbers of copies, but there are more copies of No Man's Sky out there than VR headsets, but there are about a million people who have No Man's Sky who have headsets. On PSVR, it's almost one in four. It's bigger than we expected, which is one of the reasons Sony's very keen for us to support PSVR. And it's a nice moment for people to get a free update and suddenly have a VR game in their library. And also VR at the moment tends to be a little bit short-form, so there are a lot of headsets that are gathering dust - so it'll be nice to have a stab at being the game that gets people turning on their headsets."

There seems to be greater diversity in biomes, though it's obviously hard to say precisely how much so from a brief snippet of play.

VR is the way to play No Man's Sky, and it presents plenty of ways to play too, supporting all major headsets as well as their various control methods - be that PlayStation Move, Valve Index Knuckles or Oculus Touch. There are teleportation movement options, if you desire, or more direct movement, while in the ships themselves - which now boast fully-modelled 3D interiors - you can grab the flight stick in one hand and the throttle with another, making the whole experience brilliantly tactile. It all conspires to create one of those great VR moments, not just when you're entering your ship for the first time - reaching out to lift the cockpit up, in a neat little theatrical flourish - but when you escape a planet's atmosphere for the first time and the scale of No Man's Sky hits home in a whole new way.

Or it's when you're flying through purple skies, your friends up in the air with you and buzzing past your cockpit. Online is the second pillar of the Beyond update, delivering on the wishes of many since No Man's Sky was first revealed. "There's a big online component," says Murray. "I was trying to think of a word that's not massively multiplayer, I think that draws a lot of genre connotations that I don't want, and I don't think we deliver on. But you can go anywhere and bump into people. There's a big social hub, you can take on one of our community missions - if you're on PC you can go on one of those missions and see 32 people. Generally, depending on platform, you're seeing 16 to 32 people."

One important point to make - there are no microtransactions and no loot boxes coming as part of Beyond. Just in case you wondered.

There's no cross-platform, sadly - "maybe one day," says Murray, though his tone suggests it's unlikely - but there are plenty of features that make the multiplayer now feel fully-formed. "The universe is online, you can come across people quite easily," Murray explains. "There's a big social space called the Nexus, it's got shops, you can hang out, share ships, emotes, weapons.

"The base teleporter - you can go, see featured bases from us and then explore them. And you can also go and see anyone else's base from the Nexus, anyone in your fireteam. You can see how many times they've been visited, who's playing them the most, which builds your motivation to build something cool. It brings all of No Man's Sky's universe that little bit closer together. For me it's still about going out on your own and exploring, but you can do that sci-fi thing of going back to your base.

"There are multiplayer missions - I'm saying fireteam, but it's basically groups within the game. Fireteam is too masculine and aggressive for our game... There's a meeting point, you can be paired up with people and stay together. You can do things like go and fight some pirates, or you can do more No Man's Sky things like going on an archaeology mission, and you'll have to go and dig up bones. There are ones where you have to collect fiend eggs, and they'll spawn fiends with waves that come out."

I got the smallest sample of what it's like to play alongside people in a quick 30 minute session from the very start of No Man's Sky, though really the purpose of the demo was to show off Beyond's mysterious 'third pillar'. It's the most nebulous of the three, though also the most important especially if, like me, you're something of a lapsed player. "We've created something that's quite a beast," says Murray. "It's very broad and there are loads of different ways of playing it, and it services loads of different types of players. But it's quite disparate because of that - it's had this weird birth, which we're hopefully trying to resolve a bit.

Sitting in chairs is in for Beyond! It might sound small, but it's one of the biggest requests from the community.

"The third pillar is, and has always been, a huge number of key features that are put under the house of version 2.0. It's to try and make the game feel more cohesive, and some key features to deepen things. We run ahead with our updates painting everything in these big broad strokes, and then we come along afterwards looking at the detail. This is really us painting in a lot of detail into features we've added previously.

"Part of it's making easier for people to come back to the game, easier for people joining the game - we had a few million people join for Next, and it's hard to see them going through things and seeing all the little problems, we wanted to resolve those. But really it's about deepening the game in a lot of key ways - people who are traders, people who are fighters, explorers or whatever. When you look at our Next range of features, it's a lot. And this is probably twice as many."

There's more, too, in the shape of at least one season of post-launch events with community missions - and the intention for them not to peter out quite as quickly as they did last time out. "We did this for three months after Next, and lost the run of ourselves," says Murray. "Having much more meaningful community missions, we'll have this always online multiplayer so you can do a community mission and it'll send you to a planet where you go and dig up bones, and you go there and there will be up to 32 other people also doing that."

And beyond that? There must be a point at which Hello Games' transitions away from No Man's Sky, though it's not coming any time soon. "I think you asked me that last year and I said Next was our last major update," says Murray. "The team just kind of ran with certain ideas, though. I don't know whether that will happen again. If it doesn't we're not going to try and force it. When we talk about doing a season of updates, we've got a plan of stuff we want to get in, there's a bank of stuff on the cutting room floor that we didn't have time for. After that, it doesn't do us any favours to tie into anything."

The opening has been streamlined - you'll be up in the heavens after about 30 minutes now - but that's not to say it's not fiddly, as for all the streamlining No Man's Sky has accrued a lot of systems over the years.

Indeed, it feels like No Man's Sky still has years ahead of it - and given the richness of the Beyond update, and what it gives to the community, they could be some of its best years too. So how will No Man's Sky bridge the gap between console generations that's about to open up? Murray's non-committal, though given some of the occurrences in his past you really can't blame him.

"We're lucky enough to be able to be at the cutting edge of things. But I don't think it does us any good to commit to anything. Honestly, there's a real battle that goes on in my head between still being excited about No Man's Sky, but also being excited about other things we'd like to do."

There are other things that Hello Games is doing, and there's no escaping that, while this is still a relatively small team, it's not the miniscule one that ran out of ramshackle offices just a few years ago. The core No Man's Sky team is around 25 developers - "I think that's still impressive," says Murray, "it's effectively seven platforms now. We support more players than there are people on the team! - while beyond that are other projects, such as The Last Campfire and another that's being kept under wraps but has been alluded to as another ambitious undertaking.

And No Man's Sky isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Murray himself was drawn away from his other commitments, and has spent the last three months working solely on the game - and after all these years, and after all the associated dramas, you can still sense that same spark of excitement that was there from those early days.

"There are certain things, like I alluded to, like doing a round of press, or the stress of releasing, and I think why am I doing this to myself," he says. "I want to get a time machine and tell past Sean to rein it in a bit more. But definitely, I get a real kick out of this, and real excitement. VR's been a real pet project for me. The thing that people should know about us, hopefully by now, is that we will launch on day one, on August 14th, but we're in that for the journey. I imagine on the 14th we'll launch a good VR version. Three months after that it'll be even better, three months after that it'll be even better, new headsets and controllers and things like that will come out. When you buy No Man's Sky, you're buying into that. That's the way we see it - we're in this with you."

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hele dikke dikke dikke respect voor de doortastendheid van Helllo Games

Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Absoluut! Maar ik ga niet meer terug.

Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Hele dikke dikke dikke respect voor de doortastendheid van Helllo Games
    Zeker! Heb jij ze al vergeven @Tyspolir ?

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rappa View Post
    Zeker! Heb jij ze al vergeven @Tyspolir ?
    Oh shit! Bukken jongens!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zeker! Heb jij ze al vergeven <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<a href="https://www.liquidbunny.nl/vb4/member.php?u=19282" target="_blank">Tyspolir</a>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> ?
    De studio an sich? Ja dat wel, de gewone dev die daar werkte kon er namelijk ook niet zo veel aan doen dat die Murray zo'n onzin liep te verkondigen. Die Murray neem ik dat nog steeds kwalijk. Als je willens en wetens de game zo op loopt te hypen, allemaal beloftes maakt, terwijl je weet dat het nevernooit in de game (bij launch) zal zitten....Wees dan gewoon een vent en zeg wat wel en wat niet kan, of stel de game een jaar of 2 uit, en probeer het later nog maar eens.
    Ik ben dan ook erg verbaasd dat ie nog steeds het hoofd van die studio is... had verwacht (en zou verwacht mogen worden) dat ie op zou stappen.

Anyway, de gewone dev zat zich denk ik aan de ene kant kapot te lachen, en aan de andere kant zich kapot te schamen dat je deel uitmaakt van zo'n dieptepunt in de gaming geschiedenis, een beetje zoals hier:
    Skill is mandatory! Cheating is optional.

- 한샷 한 길 태연

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha ooit van vergeving gehoord? Blijkbaar heeft Murray zijn team zover gekregen om te blijven werken aan no mans sky. Was veel makkelijker geweest om alles op te geven. Hij heeft misschien een fout gemaakt. Maar als dit geen redemption story is...

Zou wel mooi zijn als niemand zichzelf ooit meer kan bewijzen Zeg maar doei tegen je hertentamens
    Last edited by Black; 13th August 2019 at 08:51.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheGreatTS PSN ID: Tonne_Boveld
    Peter Molyneux achtige figuren moeten we toch houden in de Game industrie. Houd alles een beetje spannend.
    "As God as my witness I will put you through that fucking wall!"
    - Frank Murphy

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha ooit van vergeving gehoord? Blijkbaar heeft Murray zijn team zover gekregen om te blijven werken aan no mans sky. Was veel makkelijker geweest om alles op te geven. Hij heeft misschien een fout gemaakt. Maar als dit geen redemption story is...

Zou wel mooi zijn als niemand zichzelf ooit meer kan bewijzen Zeg maar doei tegen je hertentamens
    heeft ie ooit sorry gezegd dan? (geen idee, maar 10 sec googlen leverde niets op, dus ik gok van niet).

- 한샷 한 길 태연

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyspolir View Post
    heeft ie ooit sorry gezegd dan? (geen idee, maar 10 sec googlen leverde niets op, dus ik gok van niet).
    Weet ik veel. We zijn z'n vrienden niet. Daden > woorden

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mja, gevalletje too little too late. De mensen die op launch de game gekocht hebben voelen zich nog steeds genaaid.

- 한샷 한 길 태연

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Heb hem gister gekocht op de PC om los te gaan in VR, na een aantal pogingen om te starten in VR kwam ik erachter dat VR update vandaag uit is

Dat kleine beetje wat ik gespeeld heb voelt al zo anders aan als de game van aantal jaar geleden!

Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SeabassNL Steam ID: sebasmeer
    Heb hem gister gekocht op de PC om los te gaan in VR, na een aantal pogingen om te starten in VR kwam ik erachter dat VR update vandaag uit is

Dat kleine beetje wat ik gespeeld heb voelt al zo anders aan als de game van aantal jaar geleden!
    Heb 'm vorig jaar na een hele grote upadate voor weinig op de PS4 gekocht samen met nog wat anderen. Game was toen al aardig verbeterd. Erg tof geworden.
    Hoe het bij de release was is onacceptabel. Daarom ook nooit gekocht in de eerste jaren. Maar ze hebben er wel echt wat van gemaakt. Dus ik vergeef het ze.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch notes zijn live, flinke lijst:
    https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

update zojuist geinstalleerd op de PS4, straks maar eens proberen.

Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco91 View Post
    Patch notes zijn live, flinke lijst:
    https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

update zojuist geinstalleerd op de PS4, straks maar eens proberen.
    Moet de game ook maar even updaten, zat al te wachten op deze update.
    Niet dat mijn backlog het toe laat....
    PS4 - PS Vita - 2DS - Switch - PC
    https://psnprofiles.com/Arteroot-NL

Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

No Man's Sky Beyond brings a universe of fun to PSVR, but not without some compromise

3... 2... 1... Blur-st Off!

The free No Man's Sky Beyond update launched this week and with it came VR support for PC and PS4 versions of Hello Games' infinite survival sim. This is an update that I, and countless other VR enthusiasts, have been looking forward to for a long time, but now it's finally here, how good actually is it? In this week's episode of Ian's VR Corner, which you can find just below these words, I bring you my first impressions of my launch day experiences of No Man's Sky Beyond on PSVR.

The first impressions in this video and post are based on about 6 hours of play, which took place on the day the No Man's Sky Beyond update was released. As it stands, the criticisms (and praise!) in this video are currently still valid, but as Hello Games is already hard at work releasing hot fixes, the things I experienced and pinpoint in this post may be subject to change in the future.

My main issue with the update, if you haven't already guessed by the sub-header of this post, is the blurriness of the visuals. I played on a PS4 Pro and the intensity of the blur was pretty jarring to say the least. I've seen quite a few people on the internet saying that the blur isn't that bad but I don't know. Maybe I'm just being overly fussy, but I honestly was a bit taken aback by just how noticeable it was. Distant objects appear on the horizon like muddy blobs and anything more than a meter away from your avatar is noticeably soft. While my brain slowly tuned out the blur to a degree, my eyes were strained enough trying to focus on things that long periods of play resulted in headaches - a rarity for me in VR.

The blurriness of the visuals has no effect on the game in terms of its mechanics though and everything else works as it should. In fact, in all the time playing No Man's Sky in VR, I've not had one single blue screen crash, which is something that's been plaguing my colleagues in the flat version of the game.

The experience of exploring the universe in No Man's Sky in VR is every bit as jaw dropping and massive and immersive as you could have hoped for. Saying that though, the aforementioned blur does kill the magnificence a bit. All those stunning vistas and the mysterious alien flora and fauna that you may remember from the flat version now look like indistinct smudges on the horizon and this works towards dampening that awesome sense of discovery that made the exploration so compelling.

With my biggest criticism out of the way, you'll be pleased to find out that the rest of the game is an absolute joy to play. I remember hoping for and imagining VR support for No Man's Sky when it first came out and this experience is everything I hoped for and more. The sense of discovery and scale in VR is amazing and the ability to fly around from planet to planet and galaxy to galaxy while being encased in the game is incomparable to anything else I've played in VR. This is a straight up, never-ending VR adventure and depending on your patience for the survival genre, you could easily end up spending countless hours exploring brand new world after brand new world.

I have a blur house with a blur window. Blur is the colour of all that I wear. Blur are the streets and all the trees are too. I have a girlfriend and she is so blur.

Exploring of course means moving around and thankfully, No Man's Sky has all the standard comfort settings you'd expect from a modern VR game like vignettes, teleportation and click turning. All of which can switched off in order to tailor your experience to your liking. No Man's Sky VR can be played with either the DualShock 4 or with twin Move controllers and I tested it out with both. The DualShock provides the easiest control scheme, with movement identical to that of the flat version, just with some added motion controls for your multitool.

It was a breeze to play the game with the DualShock 4, but the real way to play No Man's Sky in VR is with the Move controllers - if you can get past the fiddly learning curve that is. Anyone with experience using move controllers in PSVR shouldn't have an issue with getting around in No Man's Sky. The movement scheme is very similar to that of Skyrim and I had no problems when navigating the environment. What took me a little while to get used to however was all the fiddly wrist mounted menus. Normal No Man's Sky involves a huge amount of busy work in menus anyway, but in VR, things can get a little overwhelming for newcomers. Remembering which wrist has which options on it was an issue at first and it definitely resulted in some frustration for the first hour or two as I slowly learnt the controls. Once that hurdle had been overcome though, I found that having independent control over each of my hands was incredibly immersive, much more so than just using the DualShock, so those initial controller struggles were ultimately rewarded.

I think the thing that's going to give a lot of people issues though is the way you control your ship with the Move controllers. It's incredibly tricky at first and when you're learning the ropes and spinning around everywhere, chances are it'll make you feel proper icky. The Move controllers attempt to create the feel of a HOTAS controller, but with limited success as this method seems to alternate between being overly sensitive over land or completely unresponsive up in space when you need to perform evasive manoeuvres. After a while I figured out that the best results came from holding my right Move controller vertically while in the ship, mirroring the position of the cockpits joystick, but still this lacked the accuracy and precision of the DualShock flight controls.

No Man's Sky for PSVR is one of the biggest and best experiences on the platform, even though currently it feels a bit like you're playing it with vaseline smeared over your eyeballs. I do hope that Hello Games can find a way to make things a bit sharper in the headset because, I want to spend hours in this game and that's hard to do when the visuals are giving me a headache. With that said, I really rate No Man's Sky in VR, I think it's an amazing achievement and I'd recommend anyone with a unit to pick it up, if only to get a taste of what VR could be like in the future, if the platform continues to grow and expand.
    bron

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multiplayer klinkt ook goed. Zou dat iets ideaals zijn relaxt met zijn tweeŽn rond te vliegen ennte verkennen? Heeft het echt toegevoegde waarde of is het vooral chicken dance doen en zwaaien als je iemand ziet?

Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    Multiplayer klinkt ook goed. Zou dat iets ideaals zijn relaxt met zijn tweeŽn rond te vliegen ennte verkennen? Heeft het echt toegevoegde waarde of is het vooral chicken dance doen en zwaaien als je iemand ziet?
    No Man's Sky multiplayer and Nexus lobby explained: how to invite friends and join players